- Every other Friday after school, my mom would take me along as she deposited hers and Dad's paychecks at First National Bank. I remember that we always used the drive-thru. I got lots of yummy red and green suckers — the kind with the white paper sticks and cellophane wrappers.
- Making a trip to a local bank once per month to pay the mortgage. Again, using the drive-thru.
- Paying bills with checks. Lots and lots of blue checks.
- Weekly trips to the grocery store that cost less than $100.
- Penny gumball and candy machines.
Any other things that jump out at you from your childhood?
Labels: Odd 'n' Fun