How many CDs do you own?
Here's our answer: 2 laundry-baskets-full, plus one small bookshelf-full.
No, that's not an exact count, but when you have a 3-year-old daughter rampaging your living room, you give up on doing a lot of things "exact." For a few months there, one of our kid's favorite games was Scatter the CD Collection, so finally my wife gave up and just tossed most all of our tunes into a couple of laundry baskets. She then pushed said baskets out into our garage, where they still rest today.
Yes, I/we likely spent a TON of money on music CDs over the years. And who knows how many of them I purchased with student-loan money, or credit cards . . ..
Other CD tidbits — some shocking, some ridiculous, and none really personal-finance related:
- First CD I Remember Purchasing: Expose: Exposure
- My First CD Player: Pioneer home unit, ~$110, maybe late 1980s, purchased at Montgomery Ward.
- I Have More [Insert Artist Here] CDs Than Any Other Artist: Van Halen.
- # of CDs Purchased in Last 5 Years: Less than 10.
- # of Popular Music (Rock, etc.) CDs Purchased in Last 5 Years: Less than 5.
- I Am One of the Four People Who Bought Multiple CDs By: Debbie Gibson.
- My Spouse Hates But I Still Love: Def Leppard.