The biggest surprise here is that over a week has passed since I received the gift certificate, and I have yet to use the thing. (I've been feeling okay. Really.) I mean, I've looked around bn.com a bit, but nothing has really struck me as That's the book I want!
Sort of frustrating, you know?
So I what I would like to propose is this: I want my blog readership to have a say in what book, or books, I purchase with these funds. So, folks, if you have a moment, please be so kind as to leave me some comments with book titles and authors that you'd recommend. I'd like to stay on the following (non-fiction) subjects:
- Webmastering (either business or techy side of it)
- Successful Entrepreneurship
- Personal Finance (but not specific to investing)
- Copywriting (focus on the web is preferable, but not required)
- Behavioral Finance
- Sociology (as it relates to monetary issues)
- Economics (but well-written stuff, like Naked Economics)
I'm looking for books that my readers think are so good, they're definitely worth owning — as opposed to simply borrowing from the library or from a friend.
If you'd like to see some (very few, to be honest) of the titles I've already read over the years, you can glance through my Personal Finance Reading List and Personal Finance Book Reviews.
All input is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say!
Labels: Odd 'n' Fun